- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent OpenLAB ChemStation software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC Software Training course introduces the Agilent OpenLAB ChemStation software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of ChemStation software; creating methods and sample analysis; integration and reporting; sequences; quantitation and calibration; reviewing and reprocessing data; method maintenance and retention time locking.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn about the operation of the GC OpenLAB ChemStation software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will learn about sample reprocessing and method maintenance
- You will learn about retention time locking and its importance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent gas chromatographs using Agilent OpenLAB ChemStation software.
Delegates should have some knowledge of gas chromatography.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware (Agilent GC) course to form the 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB ChemStation) course for £1340 VAT, covering both the hardware and software.
Feedback from previous attendees
"The course material was of a very high quality, as well as the whole organisation. (I enjoyed) The blend of theory and practical in the lab training." Analytical research technician from a university (December 2016).