- Number of days: 4
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using PerkinElmer SQMS with TurboMass software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run onsite only - please contact us to book
What will you learn on this course?
The four-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the PerkinElmer GC-SQMS with TurboMass software.
This course includes an introduction to mass spectrometry; hardware configuration; MS tuning; data acquisition in scan and SIM modes; qualitative & quantitative data analysis; and reports.
The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument. The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting by examining the effects of faults in the system on the chromatographic output. This course includes an introduction to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on tunes & diagnostics, GC considerations, vacuum system, ion source, quadrupole mass filter and MS detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom-based presentations with hands-on software and hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory & principles of mass spectrometry focusing on the single quadrupole GC-MS
- You will become familiar with the PerkinElmer Single Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer learning about the function & operation of individual components
- You will gain experience of adjusting important MS parameters
- You will gain practical experience of performing maintenance of each MS component including the vacuum system, ion source, quadrupole mass filter & detector
- You will learn the strategies and gain practical experience of instrument troubleshooting
- You will learn the operation of the TurboMass software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the different tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will learn how to create full scan and SIM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of PerkinElmer GC-MS instruments with TurboMass software.
- You can attend all 4 days of the course for a complete training solution. Alternatively, you can attend individual courses for specific training on hardware or software:
This course is run onsite only, please contact us to organise.