4-day Data Analysis for Metabolomics (Agilent MassHunter with GeneSpring Mass Profiler Professional), £1640 + VAT
What will you learn on this course?
This 4-day course introduces the integrated set of software packages available to analysts performing Metabolomic studies using Agilent based mass spectrometry platforms.
Through a combination of classroom-based presentations and practical hands-on data analysis exercises, the course will provide a working knowledge of the principles and practice of Metabolomics for Agilent instrument users for either Discovery or Targeted analysis.
The course will cover how to use the available tools to process raw data; identify compounds; undertake statistical analysis and map Metabolomic data to biological pathways.
- You will gain an introduction to data preparation and feature finding in MassHunter and Profinder
- You will learn how to apply raw data file batch processing workflows for (LC- & GC-MS) using MassHunter and Profinder
- You will learn how to apply data pre-treatment – Alignment, Normalisation and Filtering using Profinder and Mass Profiler Professional (MPP)
- You will gain an introduction to the principles and use of Multivariate Analysis (Chemometrics) workflows using MPP for biomarkers discovery
- You will learn about the integrated use of spectral libraries for compound ID and the generation of compound data bases using PCDL Manager and Pathways to PCDL
- You will gain an introduction to working with pathways and the use of Pathway Architect to map Metabolomic data
Parts of the course will provide delegates with the opportunity to analyse some of their own data.
For an introduction to Chemometrics, you can choose to attend the 1-day Absolute Basics of Chemometrics before attending this 4-day course.
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts performing Metabolomic studies using Agilent mass spectrometry instrumentation and requires familiarity with MassHunter for simple off-line data working. The course also requires an understanding of basic statistical principles for significance testing or analysis of variance (i.e. t-test, ANOVA etc.).
Course presenter: this course will be taught by Metabolic specialist Dr Simon Thain, TL Science.
Contact us to book this course