- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this 1-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course is spent learning the theory of purge-and-trap (P&T) and how to modify samples to improve results, then using this knowledge to create P&T methods, analyse samples and experiment with parameters to see the effects.
This course will cover purge and trap.
- You will learn about and gain practical experience of how to use Purge & Trap (P&T) as an automated sample preparation technique for GC or GC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of P&T
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using P&T
- You will learn about and gain practical experience of the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve method robustness and sensitivity
- You will set up and maintain the technique on a live instrument
- You will learn about the individual steps and processes in P&T analysis
- You will learn the frequent maintenance and common troubleshooting problems in P&T analysis
- You will learn P&T tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using P&T in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
- Combine with the other 4 hands-on sample preparation techniques, Hands-on Headspace, Hands-on Thermal Desorption, Hands-on Pyrolysis and the Hands-on Purge-and-Trap courses to form the Hands-on Sample Preparation for GC & GC-MS course for £1870 + VAT.
- Combine with any of the Hands-on Headspace, Hands-on SPME, Hands-on Thermal Desorption and the Hands-on Pyrolysis courses for a discounted price: 2 days for £925 + VAT; 3 days for £1310 + VAT; 4 days for £1640 + VAT; 5 days for £1870 + VAT.