- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course is spent learning the theory of purge-and-trap (P&T) and how to modify samples to improve results, then using this knowledge to create P&T methods, analyse samples and experiment with parameters to see the effects.
This course will cover purge and trap.
- You will learn about and gain practical experience on how to use Purge & Trap as an automated sample preparation technique for GC-MS in great detail
- You will learn the fundamental theory of Purge & Trap
- You will learn about the types of samples that can be analysed using Purge & Trap
- You will learn about and gain practical experience in the various parameters that can be optimised for the technique to improve sensitivity
- You will set up and maintain the technique on an instrument
- You will learn about the individual steps of Purge & Trap
- You will learn the common troubleshooting problems in Purge & Trap
- You will learn the Purge & Trap tips and tricks
- You will learn about the benefits of using Purge & Trap in the analysis of your samples
Who is this course for?
This course requires knowledge of GC or GC-MS.
- Combine with the other 4 hands-on sample preparation techniques, Hands-on Headspace, Hands-on Thermal Desorption, Hands-on Pyrolysis and the Hands-on Purge-and-Trap courses to form the Hands-on Sample Preparation course for £1870 + VAT.
- Combine with any of the Hands-on Headspace, Hands-on SPME, Hands-on Thermal Desorption and the Hands-on Pyrolysis courses for a discounted price: 2 days for £925 + VAT; 3 days for £1310 + VAT; 4 days for £1640 + VAT; 5 days for £1870 + VAT.