This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
In this one day course, you spend the first part of the day learning the theory of mass-spectrometry and then use this knowledge to create GC-MS methods, perform injections and change MS parameters to see the effects. This course will cover MSD theory and practicals on a GC-quadrupole-MS.
- You will learn the principles of mass spectrometry
- You will learn about the function & operation of the MS individual components
- You will become familiar with the MS instrumentation
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters for each MS component
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those with some knowledge of GC.
Please note: this course will only cover the MSD not the GC, refer to the ‘GC’ courses for training on that part of the instrument.
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 1-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 1-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands-on GC-MS Maintenance course to form a 2-day Hands-on GC-MS & Maintenance course for £925 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands-on GC-MS Maintenance and the 1-day Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting courses to form the 3-day Hands-on GC-MS, Maintenance & Troubleshooting course for £1310 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands-on GC-MS Maintenance, the 1-day Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting and the 2-day Hands-on GC & Maintenance courses to form the 5-day Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS course for £1870 + VAT.