- Number of days: 3
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom and 50% practical exercises in the laboratory
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1385 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
Spend the first day learning the theory of liquid chromatography and then using this knowledge to create isocratic and gradient methods, program detectors and analyse data.
The second day is spent learning the reasons why maintenance is required, what happens if maintenance isn’t performed and the signs of when maintenance is needed along with practicals carrying out maintenance on a liquid chromatograph.
The final day combines learning how to go about troubleshooting HPLC and LC-MS instruments and what problems can occur, with real problem solving on the instruments and data analysis software.
This course will cover the theory, methods, maintenance and troubleshooting of the solvents & buffers (the mobile phase), pumps, isocratic and gradient elution, autosampler, injector, analytical columns, HPLC detectors and data analysis.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography
- You will learn about the function & operation of the individual HPLC components
- You will become familiar with the HPLC instrumentation
- You will learn the importance of routine maintenance
- You will learn the signs of when maintenance is required
- You will learn the strategies for HPLC & LC-MS instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters for each HPLC component
- You will have practical experience of analysing data
- You will have practical experience of performing maintenance on each HPLC components
- You will have practical experience of HPLC & LC-MS instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all levels of knowledge; however for complete beginners it is advisable to attend the 1-day Absolute Basics of HPLC & LC-MS first to get a good basic overview of liquid chromatography.
- Combine with the 2-day Hands-on LC-MS Theory, Methods & Maintenance course to form the 5-day Hands-on Complete HPLC & LC-MS course for £1990 + VAT.