1-day Solvents, Pumps, Plumbing and Sample Introduction for LC & LC-MS, £280 + VAT
Day 1 of the Complete LC & LC-MS and the Practical Essentials of LC & LC-MS courses.
If you are only interested in finding out more about solvents, pumps, plumbing and sample Introduction for LC & LC-MS, then please attend this one day course.
What will you learn on this course?
After an introduction to liquid chromatography, the types of solvents used in mobile phase and their respective properties are examined in detail. This is followed by information on gradient elution (high or low pressure mixing and solvent dwell times); along with problems that are frequently encountered in this area. Strategies for how to optimise your LC system will be discussed, including the necessity to minimise system void volume to increase performance.
After lunch, sample introduction techniques are taught in detail, including theory, optimisation and applications. These include 6-port manual injectors; autosamplers; full or partial loop injections; flow through needle injection & column volume compatibility.
Your troubleshooting and maintenance skills will greatly benefit from having a thorough knowledge of inlet systems and how they work.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography.
- You will learn how to select and use the best mobile phase and develop a gradient inlet method.
- You will learn about various autosampler injection techniques and when to use them.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited LC experience, wish to learn about these particular areas or would like to brush-up on your knowledge then this is the course for you.
To gain the full knowledge of liquid chromatography and LC-MS it is highly recommended to attend the full 5-day course.
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for any 1-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for any 1-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.