- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom-based, 50% hands-on laboratory-based
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this 5-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course is spent learning the theory of gas chromatography and then using this knowledge to create split and splitless methods, perform manual and liquid autosampler injections and change oven temperature programs to optimise the separation of analytes detected with an FID. This course will cover the gas supplies, liquid autosampler, hot split and splitless injections, the analytical column and detection by FID and ECD.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography
- You will learn about the function & operation of the individual GC components
- You will become familiar with the GC instrumentation
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters for each GC component
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for all levels of knowledge.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on GC Maintenance to form the 2-day Hands-on GC & Maintenance for £925 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on GC Maintenance and the 1-day Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting course to form the 3-day Hands-on GC, Maintenance & Troubleshooting course for £1310 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands on GC Maintenance, the 1-day Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting and 2-day Hands-on GC-MS & Maintenance course to form the 5-day Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS for £1870 + VAT.