- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £530 + VAT per delegate
The HPLC & LC-MS Clinic is often taken as a follow-on course from the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS, either during the same week or at a later stage, and together they form the Complete HPLC & LC-MS course.
What will you learn on this course?
First, the course examines the method development process in detail; covering the objectives of analytical method development, how many components to be separated and the required sensitivity, selectivity, specificity and the speed of analysis. This is followed by system optimisation and configuration for HPLC and LC-MS. All of this knowledge is then put to the test in case studies.
The course then looks at method validation protocols, system suitability and outlines the steps required for analytical method accreditation.
The last part of the day covers a brief introduction to some advanced techniques that can be used for difficult or complex samples including detector selectivity and specificity, UHPLC vs. HPLC (brief introduction to method transfer), chromatographic peak deconvolution using tandem mass spectrometry, multi-dimensional LC (LCxLC), on-line SPE and chemometrics.
On the second day the course looks at clean-up procedures for difficult samples. The parts of the HPLC & MS system requiring maintenance, how often and how to identify when maintenance is required are then covered in detail.
Following on from this, we look at preparing for problems, how to identify problems and the troubleshooting process. This knowledge, along with the basic knowledge of HPLC & LC-MS acquired in days 1-3 of the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS course are then put to the test in a practical exercise on troubleshooting chromatograms through the final part of the day.
- You will learn strategies for HPLC & LC-MS method development.
- You will learn about system optimisation and configuration for HPLC and LC-MS.
- You will get an introduction to HPLC & LC-MS advanced techniques.
- You will learn to recognise areas requiring maintenance on the instrument.
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting.
- You will troubleshoot problematic chromatograms.
Who is this course for?
If you have reasonable liquid chromatography experience, or have attended the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS course, then please join us for this advanced training.
If you would like to improve your knowledge in a particular area and don't want to attend a 2-day course you can choose to attend individual days from The HPLC & LC-MS Clinic course.
Feedback from previous attendees
"Professional, high quality delivery, keep track on time. My previous experience with HPLC courses is not as great as to time and quality." (May 2019).