Anthias Consulting Ltd is very proud of its partnership with The Open University. We provide Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Training Courses through the Space Instrumentation Discipline within the Department of Physical Sciences.
Dr Geraint (Taff) Morgan hosts our training, demonstration and method development services providing an unrivalled suite of world-class analytical instrumentation in modern laboratories. Dr. Morgan has built on the success and the expertise behind the Ptolemy instrument, on the Rosetta mission, and has delivered an extensive portfolio of sector disruptive analytical and instrument solutions for a range of multi-national partners. Strategic Knowledge Partnerships with instrument manufacturers and the end-user community means that the laboratory is at the cutting edge of research and delivers impact at a national and international level. Anthias Consulting Ltd is proud to be a founder member of this consortium.
The Open University provides Anthias Consulting with the Training Facility for the high-quality, affordable, instrument-independent training courses that can boost your knowledge, confidence and results in all aspects of gas chromatography and GC-MS. These courses have a strong practical focus which can be applied the instant you return to your lab and are applicable to all levels of experience.
The facility boasts a wide range of equipment from multiple manufacturers covering instrumentation in gas chromatography such as comprehensive multi-dimensional gas chromatography, PTV injectors, autosamplers, thermal desorbers and pyrolysers.
This covers a wide range of analytical techniques, including:
- Comprehensive gas chromatography by thermal and flow modulation (GCxGC-(ToF/q)MS, GCxGC-FID, GCxGC-ECD)
- Gas chromatography – mass spectrometry (GC-(Tof/IT/q)MS), EI and CI)
- Gas chromatography – flame ionization detection (GC-FID)
- Gas chromatography – electron capture detection (GC-ECD)
- Gas chromatography – pulsed flame photometric detection (GC-PFPD)
- Gas chromatography – halogen specific detection (GC-XSD)
- Gas chromatography – photoionization detection (GC-PID)
- Split-Splitless injection
- Programmable Temperature Vapourisation (PTV)
- Large Volume Injection
- Cold injection
- In-liner derivatisation
- Thermal desorption & Pyrolysis
- Thermal desorption
- Headspace analysis
- Purge and Trap analysis (P&T)
- Solid Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Stir Bar Sorptive Extraction (SBSE)
- Automated liner exchange
- External derivatisation
- Automated sample preparation and introduction via a range of autosamplers
For more information about courses held at The Open University, please email email@example.com.