- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Markes TOF-DS software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the TOF-DS software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers an overview of the software; air/water check and optimisation; creating methods and sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis including dynamic baseline compensation (DBC); reports; and an introduction ChromCompare.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the TOF-DS software
- You will learn an overview of the software
- You will learn how to undertake Air/Water Check (AWC) and Automatic Signal Optimization (AO) tuning
- You will learn how to create TOF methods
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including file processing and library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis including creating calibration curves
- You will have an introduction to ChromCompare software, an automated sample comparison algorithm
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation and maintenance of Markes International's GC-ToF-MS instrument using the TOF-DS software.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Markes BenchTOF) course to form the 4-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Markes BenchTOF with TOF-DS) course for £1340 + VAT.