- Number of days: 3
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent MassHunter for GC-SQMS
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1060 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
The three-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Agilent MassHunter software for instrument control, data acquisition and data analysis focusing on single quadrupole GC-MS.
The course covers PC and data system set-up and maintenance; an overview of MassHunter software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; reports; an introduction to deconvolution; Retention Time Locking (RTL) and method maintenance.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software
- You will learn set-up, maintenance and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods
- You will learn how to create full scan and SIM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including deconvolution and library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to deconvolution and learn retention time locking
- You will learn about method maintenance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of Agilent single quadrupole GC-MS instruments and data analysis using MassHunter software. This is also an introductory course for those learning the Agilent triple quadrupole mass spectrometer with MassHunter software leading into the 1-day Comprehensive GC-MS Advanced Training (Agilent QQQMS with MassHunter) course.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Agilent SQMS) to attend the full 5-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) course for £1520 + VAT.
Feedback from previous attendees:
"(I enjoyed the) practical exercises. I think the course is of a high quality level." Analytical research technician from a university (March 2016).
"Very comprehensive, covered all aspects. New to MassHunter so all good overall." Senior analyst, forensic services (October 2015).
"Very good. (Most interesting topic was) qualitative and quantitative reporting" Sein O'Connell, Analyst, Medical Bureau of Road Safety (October 2015).
"(I enjoyed) basic overview of all sectors and how it advanced throughout the course. How the trainer was able to link everthing to each other." Analyst, forensic services (October 2015).
"(I enjoyed) gaining a greater understanding of MassHunter." Orla Gogarty, Analyst, Medical Bureau of Road Safety (October 2015).
"(I enjoyed) improving my skills with MassHunter. It was all useful and interesting." Derek Ness, Managing Director, Applied Polymer Developments Ltd. (March 2015).