- Number of days: 3
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent GC-QQQMS
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
What will you learn on this course?
The three-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course introduces the Agilent MassHunter software for instrument control, data acquisition and data analysis focusing on triple quadrupole GC-MS.
This course covers PC and data system set-up and maintenance; hardware configuration; data acquisition in scan, selected ion monitoring (SIM), SRM & MRM modes; sequences; qualitative & quantitative data analysis; reports; Retention Time Locking (RTL); an introduction to deconvolution; and method maintenance.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software
- You will learn installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn the steps in developing an MRM method
- You will learn how to create full scan and MRM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching and deconvolution
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to deconvolution and learn retention time locking
- You will perform data analysis on MS/MS data
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of Agilent triple quadrupole GC-MS instruments and data analysis with MassHunter software.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Agilent QQQMS) to form the 5-day Comprehensive GC-MS (Agilent QQQMS with MassHunter) course for £1520 + VAT.
Contact us to book this course.
Quotes from previous attendees
"The best (compared to other courses) - instructor knowledge excellent. Other courses haven't been so good on this point." Scientist, tobacco industry (March 2015).