- Number of days: 4
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using GC-2014, GC-2010 and GC-2030 Shimadzu GCs with GCsolution software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory (scheduled course hardware practicals on the GC-2014)
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book or arrange this course onsite
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1340 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
The 4-day Comprehensive GC Training course introduces the fundamental theory of GC along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Shimadzu 2014 Gas Chromatograph using GCsolution software.
This course includes an introduction to gas chromatography, GCsolution configuration, an introduction to GCsolution, data acquisition and data analysis. It will discuss gas supply and handling; split/splitless and PTV inlets; capillary columns; detectors (FID and ECD); the autosampler; PC & data system; creating methods; integration and reporting; quantitation and calibrations; and sequences. This course also covers troubleshooting and maintenance of the autosampler, inlet, column, detector and data systems.
Please note: practical lab exercises in the scheduled course will be carried out on GC2014 hardware with packed columns.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware and software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
You can attend all 4 days of the course for a complete training solution. Alternatively you can attend the 2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware (Shimadzu GC) course or 2-day Comprehensive GC Software Training (GCsolution) course for specific training on hardware or software.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the Shimadzu 2014 Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters and performing maintenance of the GC instrument
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, Shimadzu autosampler, Shimadzu inlets including split-splitless and PTV, capillary columns, and Shimadzu detectors focusing on FID and ECD
- You will learn about the operation of the GCsolution software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Shimadzu gas chromatographs.