- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course mixes classroom and laboratory training and is designed for those who want to enhance their skills in the use of Agilent CFT devices, like the purged and non-purged Agilent splitters, QuickSwap and optimized Tee systems to manage their carrier gas flow through the GC system.
Applications include splitting to multiple detectors, using multiple columns into a single detector, back flushing through the pre-column or analytical column or changing the column without venting the mass spectrometer.
The course includes the selection of columns & restrictors, installation of columns into these devices, system configuration, method optimization and the development of backflushing skills.
- You will learn the theory and importance of the management of carrier gases
- You will learn of the types and advantages of using Agilent CFT devices
- You will learn about the applications of CFT including column splitting, back flushing and quick column swapping
- You will learn about the selection of columns and restrictors
- You will learn how to install a column into a CFT device including swaging a Sil-Tite ferrule
- You will learn how to configure the software to use a CFT device
- You will learn how to develop and optimise a method to undertake back flushing
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those with good experience of GC or GC-MS system and who want to explore advanced Agilent CFT configurations for routine and non-routine samples.