Day 5 of the Complete GC & GC-MS course and Day 2 of The GC & GC-MS Clinic course.
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle & chromatograms to troubleshoot
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
If you are only interested in finding out more about GC and GC-MS Troubleshooting and Maintenance then please attend this one day course.
What will you learn on this course?
First, parts of the system requiring maintenance, how often and how to identify when maintenance is required are covered in detail.
Then we look at preparing for problems, how to identify problems and the troubleshooting process. This knowledge, along with the basic knowledge of GC & GC-MS acquired in days 1-3 are then put to the test in troubleshooting chromatograms through the final part of the day.
- You will recognise areas requiring maintenance on the instrument
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
Before attending this one day course you should have a good knowledge of gas chromatography and the techniques covered in days 1-3.
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full 5-day course.
Feedback from previous attendees
"All the information was given in a clear and very professional manner and the course will really help me to identify problems I might encounter in the future. All questions were answered and good examples and solutions to problems given. All topics covered were useful and interesting + we had a tour of the lab!" Katiuska Caraballo, Analytical Chemist at South East Water, attended Troubleshooting & Maintenance individual day of the Complete GC & GC-MS course (July 2012).