- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Zoex GCImage
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £925 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
This two day course, run in conjunction with JSB who provide the software, will focus on the theory and advantages of comprehensive multi-dimensional gas chromatography using either thermal or flow modulation and then you can experience the power of GCxGC(-MS) by analysing and experimenting with some previously acquired data using GC Image software.
This course will cover GCxGC and Zoex GCImage software. The course will give an overview of GC Image software and will detail its fundamental operation including baseline removal, peak (blob) detection, quantification and chemical identification.
This course mixes 50% presentations with 50% practical exercises using the software to get a good grasp of its capabilities in processing your GCxGC(-MS) data.
- You will learn the theory and advantages of comprehensive multi-dimensional gas chromatography
- You will gain a good understanding of Zoex GCImage software’s capabilities in processing data through practical exercises
- You will learn how to install and get an overview of the software
- You will learn the fundamental operation of the software including baseline removal & peak (blob) detection
- You will learn how to work with MS data on the software including library searching
- You will learn how to undertake quantitation & work with calibration data on the software
- You will learn how to use graphic & meshes for reviewing common peaks
- You will get an introduction to GC Project and Image Viewer
Who is this course for?
This course is for someone experienced in gas chromatography but who may or may not have experience of GCxGC.
This course complements the 2-day Hands-on GCxGC Operator course.
Feedback from previous attendees:
"(I enjoyed) gcxgc image software. (Most interesting topic:) 3d view and colouring." Marco Groppo, Chemical Laboratory Technician, Insel Gruppe (September 2016).