- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using NIST's Automated Mass Spectral Deconvolution and Identification System (AMDIS) software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £405 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course will cover the fundamentals of the Agilent Deconvolution Reporting Software, which is an additional application package to the Agilent GC-MSD Chemstation software and combines the results from the MSD Chemstation, AMDIS and the NIST search engine into a single report.
This course will take you through the individual steps to create your own DRS libraries; from creating a retention time locked GC-MS method in MSD Chemstation which produces high quality data; to creating a MSD Chemstation user library which is then converted to a quantitation database and an AMDIS library; to optimising AMDIS settings; creating a DRS method to control the 3 pieces of software; and finally generate and interpret a report. The final part of the course is learning how to maintain and troubleshoot the DRS method, including where to add new compounds.
Those attending the DRS course will receive a FREE poster on the DRS guide taught throughout the course.
- You will learn about analytical resolution and deconvolution in mass spectrometry
- You will learn how Agilent's DRS software works
- You will gain practical experience in creating a DRS method from scratch
- You will learn and gain practical experience in changing the various parameters for optimisation of the DRS method
- You will learn how to maintain and add to MSD Chemstation and AMDIS databases
- You will learn of the benefits of using Agilent’s DRS software for processing GC-MS data
Who is this course for?
This course is for an experienced user of the Agilent MSD Chemstation who needs to know how to produce automated reports in the laboratory.
Contact us to book this course