- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom-based, 50% hands-on laboratory-based
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate, per course
Need to brush on a particular technique? Keen to expand your gas chromatography knowledge? Anthias Consulting offers hands-on courses with experienced practicing analysts.
What is a hands-on course?
A hands-on course combines theory and hands-on practicals with a 50:50 split. A maximum of 4 delegates can attend to ensure the needs of every individual are met and half of your time will be spent in the laboratory.
You can mix and match hands-on courses to meet your exact requirements, allowing you to bridge the gaps in knowledge you want to fill. See the full range of hands-on courses below or have a look at our classroom-based training courses.
If you'd like to attend multiple complementary days of our hands-on training courses, please see the Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS, Hands-on Sample Preparation, or Hands-on Advanced Injection Techniques courses.
While these courses aren't a substitute for specific manufacturer training, they are the best way to learn new maintenance techniques, refresh your knowledge or learn how to troubleshoot instruments.
Many of our hands-on courses have been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) - look for the RSC logo on each individual course page.
Our hands-on courses:
- Hands-on Gas Chromatography Theory & Methods
- Hands-on GC Maintenance
- Hands-on Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Theory & Methods
- Hands-on GC-MS Maintenance
- Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting
- Hands-on Headspace
- Hands-on Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Hands-on Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Hands-on Pyrolysis
- Hands-on Purge-and-Trap
- Hands-on Programmable Temperature Vapourisers (PTVs)
- Hands-on Large Volume Injection (LVI)
- Combine any two of the above for a 2-day hands-on course for £925 plus 20% VAT
- Combine any three of the above for a 3-day hands-on course for £1310 plus 20% VAT
- Combine any four of the above for a 4-day hands-on course for £1640 plus 20% VAT
- Combine any five of the above for a 5-day hands-on course for £1870 plus 20% VAT
View the available course dates and book a hands-on course.
Quotes from previous attendees
“Good use of lecture time translating into laboratory exercises to illustrate the point fully.” International analytical sales support from an instrument manufacturer who attended LVI/PTV course (February 2013).
"Very good content and course material, and allowed time for questions and comments, and good mix between class and hands on.” Senior analyst from an instrument manufacturer who attended who attended LVI/PTV course (February 2013).
“[I enjoyed the] problem solving exercises both practical and on handouts, with the in-depth explanation of GC components and troubleshooting. [It had] more practical exercises I will actually use at work.” Chemist in the Environmental Industry who attended the Hands-on GC, Maintenance & Troubleshooting courses.
"I enjoyed the Hands on experience gained." Tracy Warr, Laboratory technician at Satra Technology Centre, who attended the 1-day Thermal Desorption course.
"The knowledge of the presenter and the ability to actually see the instrument work." Research technician at a University who attended the 1-day Thermal Desorption course.
"I learned a lot of little things that can really make a difference but I never thought about." Claudia Moeckel, Environmental Chemist, attended the 1-day Hands-on PTV course.