GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting & Maintenance
Pittcon 2019 Short Course
Saturday 16th March 2019 - 8:30am - 5:00pm
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
First, parts of the system requiring maintenance, how often and how to identify when maintenance is required are covered in detail.
Then we look at preparing for problems, how to identify problems and the troubleshooting process. This knowledge is then put to the test in troubleshooting chromatograms through the final part of the day.
Who is this course for?
Those who have good knowledge of GC or GC-MS and would like to know how to efficiently and effectively maintain and troubleshoot their instrument.
- You will learn about each part of the instrument requiring maintenance and why
- You will learn how frequently maintenance is required for each instrument part and consumable
- You will learn how to recognise when maintenance is required and why scheduled maintenance is much better than troubleshooting
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will learn how to break the instrument down into modules and how to troubleshoot each module
- You will learn how to examine chromatograms, identify any problems seen and then determine which part of the instrument could be the cause and gain practical experience of this
See our other Pittcon short courses: