- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent GC-QQQMS with MassHunter software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: This course is run onsite only
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This one-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course provides training on the triple quadrupole mass spectrometer, following on from the 5-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) course. The course introduces the fundamental theory of triple quadrupoles for MS/MS, looks at the hardware and maintenance differences between the single quadrupole and triple quadrupole, before moving onto the MassHunter software for use with MS/MS including method development.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn about the different modes of operation of a triple quadrupole
- You will learn about the hardware differences between the Agilent single and triple quadrupole mass spectrometers and how triple quadrupoles work
- You will learn about the additional maintenance required with a triple quadrupole, including tuning differences
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software for MS/MS
- You will learn how to create and how to develop MS/MS methods
- You will learn about the differences in MassHunter software for handling data from different MS/MS modes
- You will perform data analysis on MS/MS data
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent GC-QQQMS instruments using MassHunter software with previous experience of single quadrupole instruments.
Attendees must have good experience of Agilent single quadrupole GC-MS instruments using MassHunter software or have attended the 5-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MassHunter) course and are transitioning to the Agilent GC-QQQMS.
Contact us to book this course.