- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Thermo GCs
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book or arrange this course onsite
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography along with the set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Thermo GC hardware.
The course covers an introduction to gas chromatography; instrument overview; introduction to troubleshooting; gases, supply and handling; autosamplers; split-splitless and PTV inlets; capillary columns; and the flame ionisation detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the Thermo Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters and performing maintenance of the instrument
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, Thermo autosamplers, Thermo inlets including split-splitless and programmable temperature vapouriser, capillary columns, and detectors focusing on FID and ECD
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Thermo gas chromatographs.
Please note that while hands on training will take place on the Thermo TRACE GC, the course is suitable for all models of Thermo gas chromatographs.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive Software Training (Thermo Xcalibur) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Thermo TRACE GC with Xcalibur) course for £1340 + VAT.
Feedback from previous attendees
"First GC course I've attended but as a course overall it was excellent." Senior Scientist, manufacturer of speciality chemicals (April 2015).
"[I enjoyed] the method development theory and getting lots of useful information about how to improve things here." Rebecca Nichols, QC Analyst, Quay Pharma (September 2014).
"[I enjoyed] hands on learning and learning about the various parts of the instrument." QC Analyst (September 2014).
"[I enjoyed] the combination of theory and pratical, as well as the thorough knowledge of the instructors." Analytical Development Scientist (September 2014).