- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using SRI GC with PeakSimple software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This 2-day course is designed to introduce the fundamental concepts of gas chromatography and provide training on the operation of the SRI Instruments 8610C Gas Chromatographs.
This course includes the use of the PeakSimple chromatography data system, demonstrating and applying the features of the software so that you have a good understanding of the data system and its capabilities. It will show you how to set up the instrument ready for your application and how to analyse a sample.
This course covers an introduction to gas chromatography including inlets, columns and detectors used on the SRI GC; the basic operation of the gas chromatograph; the installation of the SRI Instruments GC; the installation of a packed or capillary GC column; an introduction to PeakSimple chromatography data system including data acquisition, data analysis, calibration, sequences and reporting; preventative and routine maintenance of the system.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware and software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the SRI Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of the individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters and performing maintenance on the instrument
- You will learn about the operation of the GC Peak Simple software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiples samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of SRI gas chromatographs.
Contact us to book this course.