Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Agilent MSD ChemStation) - Face-to-Face training | Virtual Classroom training
- Duration: 2 days for face-to-face | Total of 13 hours over 3 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent MSD ChemStation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom OR online via live video, with practicals on the software
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
The Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Agilent MSD ChemStation software for both instrument control, data acquisition and analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of MSD ChemStation software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; Retention Time Locking (RTL); sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; reports; an introduction to macros; and method maintenance.
It combines a mixture of presentations with software exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the MSD ChemStation software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods
- You will learn how to create full scan and SIM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to macros and learn retention time locking
- You will learn about method maintenance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of Agilent GC-MS instruments and data analysis using MSD ChemStation software.
- Combine with the Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Agilent SQMS) to attend the full Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent SQMS with MSD ChemStation) course for £1340 + VAT.
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees
"More engaging and better presented than other technical courses." Nick Davidson, Analyst, Northumbrian Water (November 2014).
“Best (course) I have been on. Most relevant.” Sarah Pendlington, Analyst, Northumbrian Water (November 2014).