- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Shimadzu GCMSsolution software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Shimadzu GCMSsolution software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of GCMSsolution software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; and reports.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the GCMSsolution software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will learn how to create a full scan and SIM method to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Shimadzu GC-MS instruments using the GCMSsolution software.
Feedback from previous attendees
"(I enjoyed) the small group setting." Chemist from a UK research organisation (September 2017).
"It compares well (to other courses attended)." Team leader from a UK water company (September 2017).