Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Shimadzu GCMSsolution) - Face-to-Face training | Virtual Classroom training
- Duration: 2 days for face-to-face | Total of 12 hours over 3 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Shimadzu GCMSsolution software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
What will you learn on this course?
The Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Shimadzu GCMSsolution software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of GCMSsolution software; tuning methods; creating scan and SIM methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; and reports.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the GCMSsolution software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will learn how to create a full scan and SIM method to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Shimadzu GC-MS instruments using the GCMSsolution software.
*Discount applicable when booked at least one month in advance (for Face-to-Face courses) or 24 hours in advance (for Virtual Classroom courses), membership number is required. Discounts cannot be combined and are only applicable to courses both organised and run by Anthias Consulting Ltd.
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
- Community for Analytical Measurement Science (CAMS) members receive a discount of 20% for this course in 2020
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees
"(I enjoyed) the small group setting." Chemist from a UK research organisation (September 2017).
"It compares well (to other courses attended)." Team leader from a UK water company (September 2017).