- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Scion/Bruker/Varian MSWorkstation software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training course introduces the Scion/Bruker/Varian MSWorkstation software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of MSWorkstation software; tuning methods; creating scan and MS/MS methods; sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis; and reports.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the Scion/Bruker/Varian MSWorkstation software
- You will learn installation, set-up and have an overview of the software
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will learn how to create a full scan and MS/MS method to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Scion/Bruker/Varian Ion Trap instruments using the MSWorkstation software.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Scion/Bruker/Varian GC-MS) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Scion/Bruker/Varian GC-MS with MSWorkstation) course for £1340 + VAT.