- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using GC-2014, GC-2010 and GC-2030 Shimadzu GCs
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory (scheduled course practicals on the GC-2014)
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book or arrange this course onsite
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £875 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography along with the set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting of the GC-2014, GC-2010 and GC-2030 Shimadzu GCs.
The course covers an introduction to gas chromatography; instrument overview; introduction to troubleshooting; gases, supply and handling; autosamplers; split-splitless and PTV inlets; capillary columns; flame ionisation and electron capture detectors.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the Shimadzu 2014 Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters and performing maintenance of the GC instrument
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, Shimadzu autosampler, Shimadzu inlets including split-splitless and PTV, capillary columns, and Shimadzu detectors focusing on FID and ECD
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Shimadzu gas chromatographs.
Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive Software Training (Shimadzu GCsolution) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Shimadzu GC with GCsolution) course for £1340 + VAT.