Day 2 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- RSC accreditation: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
If you are only interested in finding out more about GC Columns, GC Detectors & GC-MS Mass Spectrometers then please attend this one day course.
What will you learn on this course?
First, analytical columns for gas chromatography are covered in detail including the theory, optimisation and applications of packed and capillary columns, the separation process and types available.
This is followed by a brief introduction into many types of detectors used in gas chromatography both universal and selective. Flame ionisation (FID) and electron capture (ECD) detectors are covered in detail. The course then focuses on mass spectrometry principles and the data generated; the types of mass spectrometers available that are hyphenated to GC; their vacuum systems, ionisation techniques, mass filters and detectors.
- You will learn how to select a GC column
- You will learn the operation and selection of an appropriate GC detector
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn about these particular areas or would like to brush-up on your knowledge then this is the course for you.
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full 5-day course.