Data Analysis and Sampling Techniques for GC & GC-MS - Face-to-Face training | Virtual Classroom training
Day 3 / Modules 7 - 8 of the Complete GC & GC-MS and the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS courses.
- Duration: 1 day for face-to-face | Total of 6.25 hours over 2 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face OR online via live video, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
If you are only interested in finding out more about Data Analysis and Sampling Techniques then please attend this course.
What will you learn on this course?
You will learn about mass spectra and library searching and how to undertake data analysis. We look at reasons for performing the analysis: qualitative analysis, identification, quantitation and semi-quantitation are covered.
Following this, we cover sampling techniques, where a whole range of sampling and sample preparation techniques that can be coupled to a GC are covered in detail, including their theory, optimisation and applications.
The techniques include thermal desorption (TD) & extraction; pyrolysis; derivatisation; static & dynamic headspace (SHS & DHS); purge & trap; solid phase extraction techniques including solid-phase microextration (SPME), SPE & SBSE; liquid-liquid extraction techniques and other automated methods.
- You will learn how to undertake data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for GC
Who is this course for?
If you have limited GC experience, wish to learn about these particular areas or would like to brush-up on your knowledge then this is the course for you.
Individual Modules - Virtual Classroom training
For Virtual Classroom training, you can choose to attend the individual modules from this course:
- Module 7: Practical Essentials of Data Analysis for GC & GC-MS
- Module 8: Practical Essentials of Sampling & Sample Preparation Techniques for GC & GC-MS
To gain the full knowledge of gas chromatography it is highly recommended to attend the full Complete GC & GC-MS course.
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees of Face-to-Face course
"Detailed explanations and useful tips." (April 2019).
"Richard was really nice and friendly and explained everything really well." (April 2019).