- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent OpenLAB CDS software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
This two-day Comprehensive GC Software Training course introduces the Agilent OpenLAB CDS software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of OpenLAB CDS software; creating methods and sample analysis; integration and reporting; sequences; quantitation and calibration; reviewing and reprocessing data; maintaining methods and retention time locking.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn about the operation of the GC OpenLAB CDS software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will learn the most efficient way of maintaining methods
- You will learn about retention time locking and its importance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of gas chromatographs or who are performing data analysis using the Agilent OpenLAB CDS software.
Delegates should have some knowledge of gas chromatography.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training (Agilent GC) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB CDS) course for £1340 + VAT.
Feedback from previous attendees:
"(I enjoyed) mixture of theory followed by relevant practicals, informal." Richard Marsden, Chief Chemist, LINX. Attended bespoke Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB CDS) training, June 2017.
"An excellent course, tailored nicely to our needs and very well presented by Imran. If we need further training Anthias will be top of our go to list. Thank you! Good split of theory and practical exercises. Excellent training." delegate from the printing industry. Attended bespoke Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB CDS) training, June 2017.