- Duration: 2 day for face-to-face | Total of 13 hours over 4 days for Virtual Classroom course
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Course type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent OpenLAB CDS software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face OR online via live video, with practicals on the software
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Scheduled course venue: The Open University | Other venues | Virtual Classroom
- Online/onsite/in-house/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
- Course discount: RSC and CAMS members receive a 20% discount on this course in 2020*
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This Comprehensive GC Software Training course introduces the Agilent OpenLAB CDS software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of OpenLAB CDS software; creating methods and sample analysis; integration and reporting; sequences; quantitation and calibration; reviewing and reprocessing data; method maintenance and retention time locking.
It combines a mixture of presentations with software exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn about the operation of the GC OpenLAB CDS software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will learn the most efficient way of maintaining methods
- You will learn about retention time locking and its importance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of gas chromatographs or who are performing data analysis using the Agilent OpenLAB CDS software.
Delegates should have some knowledge of gas chromatography.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware Training (Agilent GC) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB CDS) course for £1340 + VAT.
How to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees of Virtual Classroom training:
"The handouts are very comprehensive and very useful when exploring the software." September 2020.
Feedback from previous attendees of Face-to-Face training:
"(I enjoyed) mixture of theory followed by relevant practicals, informal." Richard Marsden, Chief Chemist, LINX. Attended bespoke Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB CDS) training, June 2017.
"An excellent course, tailored nicely to our needs and very well presented by Imran. If we need further training Anthias will be top of our go to list. Thank you! Good split of theory and practical exercises. Excellent training." delegate from the printing industry. Attended bespoke Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB CDS) training, June 2017.