- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent OpenLAB EZChrom software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals on the software
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC Software Training course introduces the Agilent OpenLAB EZChrom software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
The course covers PC and data system installation, set-up and maintenance; an overview of EZChrom software; creating methods and sample analysis; integration and reporting; sequences; quantitation and calibration; reviewing and reprocessing data; method maintenance and retention time locking.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn about the operation of the GC OpenLAB EZChrom software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will learn about sample reprocessing and method maintenance
- You will learn about retention time locking and its importance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of gas chromatographs or who are performing data analysis using the Agilent OpenLAB EZChrom software.
Delegates should have some knowledge of gas chromatography.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC Hardware (Agilent GC) course to form the 4-day Comprehensive GC Training (Agilent GC with OpenLAB EZChrom) course for £1340 VAT, covering both the hardware and software.
Contact us to book this course
Feedback from previous attendees
"It was better than other courses because of the reduced group. We could manipulate the PC and explore a bit more of all the topics." Giovanna Mejia, Analytical Support Chemist, Mexichem UK Limited (November 2016).
"This is a very well presented course based on professional materials and presentation. It is of a relatively higher quality than some of the other courses that I have attended. (I enjoyed) the practical exercises that allowed the intermediate applications of the theorectial concepts." research technician from a UK university (November 2016).
"Impressed, friendly atmosphere and great instructor." delegate from chemicals industry (November 2016).
“Practical part, its good to be able to practise the theory directly.” QC Technician, Pharmaceuticals company (November 2015).
“Delivered a good informative guide and overview to everything about a GC from parts through to software and anaylsis.” Chris Driver, Chemist, EDF (April 2014).
“A valuable course with lots of learning. Well paced and knowledgeabley presented.” Chris Armstrong, Chemist, EDF (April 2014).