- Number of days: 4
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent GC with OpenLAB EZChrom software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: This face-to-face course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1340 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
The 4-day Comprehensive GC Training course introduces the fundamental theory of GC along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent Gas Chromatograph using GC OpenLAB EZChrom software.
This course includes an introduction to gas chromatography, troubleshooting and method development, OpenLAB configuration, an introduction to EZChrom, data acquisition and data analysis. It will discuss gas supply and handling; autosamplers; split/splitless and multi-mode inlets; capillary columns; detectors (FID, ECD and TCD); PC & data system; creating methods; integration and reporting; quantitation and calibrations; sequences and reprocessing; method maintenance and retention time locking. This course also covers troubleshooting and maintenance of the autosampler, inlet, column, detector and data systems.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware and software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will become familiar with the Agilent Gas Chromatograph and learn about the function & operation of individual GC components
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting and method development
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters and performing maintenance of the GC instrument
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, Agilent autosamplers, Agilent inlets including split-splitless and multi-mode, capillary columns, and detectors focusing on FID, ECD and TCD
- You will learn about the operation of the OpenLAB EZChrom software
- You will learn how to undertake installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn how to create a GC method on the software
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis with a set of data files
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will learn about sample reprocessing and method maintenance
- You will learn about retention time locking and its importance
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent gas chromatographs using Agilent OpenLAB EZChrom software.
Delegates should have some knowledge of gas chromatography.
Please note the practical exercises will take place on Agilent 7890 or 6890 GCs but the training is suitable for all models of Agilent gas chromatographs.
- You can attend all 4 days of the course for a complete training solution. Alternatively, you can attend individual courses for specific training on hardware or software:
Contact us to book this course.
Feedback from previous attendees
"It was better than other courses because of the reduced group. We could manipulate the PC and explore a bit more of all the topics." Giovanna Mejia, Analytical Support Chemist, Mexichem UK Limited (attended 2-day Agilent EZChrom software course, November 2016).
"This is a very well presented course based on professional materials and presentation. It is of a relatively higher quality than some of the other courses that I have attended. (I enjoyed) the practical exercises that allowed the intermediate applications of the theorectial concepts." research technician from a UK university (attended 2-day Agilent EZChrom software course, November 2016).
"Impressed, friendly atmosphere and great instructor." delegate from chemicals industry (attended 2-day Agilent EZChrom software course, November 2016).
“Very good - I cannot recollect a better training experience.” Senior Analytical Chemist (October 2014).