- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using PerkinElmer GC MS
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run onsite only - please contact us to book
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the PerkinElmer Single Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer.
This course includes an introduction to mass spectrometry; the vacuum system; ionisation including EI and CI; the single quadrupole mass filter; and the detector. The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument including ion source cleaning, filament replacement, detector replacement and vacuum system maintenance.
The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting by examining the effects of faults in the system on the chromatographic output. This course includes an introduction to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on leaks, tunes & diagnostics, GC considerations, the vacuum system, ion source, ion trap mass filter and MS detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory & principles of mass spectrometry focusing on the single quadrupole GC-MS
- You will become familiar with the PerkinElmer Single Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer instrumentation learning about the function & operation of individual components
- You will gain experience of adjusting important MS parameters
- You will gain practical experience of performing maintenance on each MS component including the vacuum system, ion source, mass filter & detector
- You will learn the strategies and gain practical experience of instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of PerkinElmer single quadrupole mass spectrometers.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (PerkinElmer TurboMass) course to attend the full 4-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (PerkinElmer GC MS with TurboMass) course.
This course is run onsite only, please contact us to organise.