- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Leco Pegasus TOF
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £750 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography and time-of-flight mass spectrometry along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Leco Pegasus TOF MS.
This course includes an introduction to gas chromatograph and time-of-flight mass spectrometry; gas supply and handling; inlets; capillary columns; vacuum system; ionisation including EI and SelecteV; the time-of-flight mass filter; and the detector. The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument.
The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting and includes an introduction to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on leaks, optimisation & diagnostics, GC considerations, vacuum system, ion source, mass filter and MS detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will learn the theory & principles of mass spectrometry focusing on the Leco Pegasus TOF MS
- You will learning about the function & operation of individual components of the Leco Pegasus TOF MS
- You will gain experience of adjusting the important GC and MS parameters
- You will review gas supply and gas handling, inlets and capillary columns
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Leco Pegasus TOF mass spectrometers. Please note that while the hands on GC training will take place on the Leco Pegasus TOF mass spectrometer, the GC training can be applied to any make or model of gas chromatograph.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Leco ChromaTOF) course to form the 4-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Leco Pegasus TOF with ChromaTOF) course for £1340 + VAT.
This course is run on demand - please contact us to book.