- Number of days: 4
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Leco Pegasus TOF with ChromaTOF software
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- Course venue: This course is run on demand, please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £1340 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
This four-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course introduces the fundamental theory of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Leco Pegasus TOF mass spectrometer using the ChromaTOF software for both instrument acquisition and data analysis.
This course includes an introduction to gas chromatography and time-of-flight mass spectrometry; gas supply and handling; inlets; capillary columns; the vacuum system; ionisation (EI); the time-of-flight mass filter; and the detector. The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument. The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting and includes an introduction to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on leaks, tuning and diagnostics, GC considerations, the vacuum system, ion source, mass filter and MS detector.
The course covers an overview of the software; quality control including leak and tune checks; creating methods and sequences; qualitative and quantitative data analysis including deconvolution; reporting.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software and hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory of gas chromatography and the importance of good chromatography
- You will learn the theory & principles of mass spectrometry focusing on the Leco Pegasus TOFMS
- You will learn about the function & operation of individual components of the Leco Pegasus TOFMS
- You will gain experience of adjusting important GC and MS parameters
- You will review the gas supply and gas handling, inlets and capillary columns
- You will learn the operation of ChromaTOF software
- You will learn how to undertake Leak Checks, QC Checks and Tune Checks
- You will learn how to create GC-TOFMS methods
- You will learn how to create sequences for analysing multiple samples, including quality control checks
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including file processing and library searching
- You will gain practical experience in performing deconvolution to obtain cleaned-up mass spectra
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis including creating calibration curves
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Leco Pegasus TOF mass spectrometers using ChromaTOF software.
- You can attend all 4 days of the course for a complete training solution. Alternatively, you can attend individual courses for specific training on hardware or software:
This course is run on demand, please contact us to book.