- Number of days: 2
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent GC-QQQMS
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: This course is run onsite only
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course introduces the fundamental theory of GC-MS/MS along with the maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent GC Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer.
This course includes an introduction to MS/MS, triple quadrupole mass spectrometry and troubleshooting; tuning; the vacuum system; ionisation including EI and CI; the triple quadrupole mass filters and collision cell; and the detector. The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument including ion source cleaning, filament replacement, detector replacement and vacuum system maintenance.
The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting by examining the effects of faults in the system on the chromatographic output. This course includes to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on leaks, tunes & diagnostics, GC considerations, vacuum system, ion source, triple quadrupole mass filter and MS detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware and software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory & principles of MS/MS mass spectrometry focusing on the triple quadrupole GC-MS
- You will become familiar with the Agilent triple quadrupole Mass Spectrometer instrumentation learning about the function & operation of individual components
- You will learn about the types of tuning methods, undertake air/water checks & an autotune then interpret the results
- You will gain practical experience of performing maintenance of each MS component including the vacuum system, ion source, quadrupole mass filters, collision cell & detector
- You will learn the strategies and gain practical experience of instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent triple quadrupole GC-MS instruments with MassHunter software.
- Combine with the 3-day Comprehensive GC-MS Software Training (Agilent MassHunter for QQQMS) to form the 5-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training (Agilent QQQMS with MassHunter) course for £1520 + VAT.
Contact us to book this course
Quotes from previous attendees
"The best (compared to other courses) - instructor knowledge excellent. Other courses haven't been so good on this point." Scientist, tobacco industry (March 2015).