- Number of days: 3
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Manufacturer-specific; analysts using Agilent GC-QQQMS
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom with practicals in the laboratory
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The three-day Comprehensive GC-MS Training course introduces the Agilent MassHunter software for instrument control, data acquisition and data analysis focusing on triple quadrupole GC-MS.
This course covers PC and data system set-up and maintenance; hardware configuration; data acquisition in scan, selected ion monitoring (SIM), SRM & MRM modes; sequences; qualitative & quantitative data analysis; reports; Retention Time Locking (RTL); an introduction to deconvolution; and method maintenance.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on software lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the operation of the MassHunter software
- You will learn installation, set-up and get an overview of the software
- You will learn the steps in developing an MRM method
- You will learn how to create full scan and MRM methods to gain an understanding of each method type
- You will learn how to analyse individual samples and create sequences for analysing multiple samples
- You will undertake qualitative data analysis including library searching and deconvolution
- You will undertake quantitative data analysis creating calibration curves and producing appropriate sample reports
- You will have an introduction to deconvolution and learn retention time locking
- You will perform data analysis on MS/MS data
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation of Agilent triple quadrupole GC-MS instruments and data analysis with MassHunter software.
- Combine with the 2-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training (Agilent QQQMS) to form the 5-day Comprehensive GC-MS (Agilent QQQMS with MassHunter) course for £1520 + VAT.
Contact us to book this course.
Quotes from previous attendees
"The best (compared to other courses) - instructor knowledge excellent. Other courses haven't been so good on this point." Scientist, tobacco industry (March 2015).