- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Beginner
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £199 + VAT per delegate (increasing to £250 + VAT from January 2019)
What will you learn on this course?
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to liquid chromatography and LC-MS. The course will cover the what, why, where, when and how of LC & LC-MS.
- What is liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, a HPLC or LC-MS?
- Why do we use liquid chromatography? How could it help solve problems and what answers could it give?
- When do we use liquid chromatography? What types of analytes and samples can you use LC for?
- How does liquid chromatography work? and what instrumentation is available?
- Where do we use liquid chromatography? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of chromatography
- You will understand the definitions of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- You will learn the principles and components of the liquid chromatograph
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for LC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of LC
Who is this course for?
If you have no or very little knowledge of liquid chromatography, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales or marketing and would like to improve your knowledge in this area, then this is the course for you.
This 1-day course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS, Complete HPLC & LC-MS, Hands-on Complete HPLC & LC-MS or one of our manufacturer-specific Comprehensive courses.