- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom-based, 50% hands-on laboratory-based
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this 5-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
This one day course combines learning how to go about troubleshooting a GC and a GC-MS instrument and what problems can occur, with real problem solving on the instruments and data analysis software. This course will cover troubleshooting the gas supply, autosampler, inlet, column, GC detector and MS including leaks, tune problems, GC & GC-MS methods and identifying if the GC or the MSD is the problem.
- You will learn the strategies for GC & GC-MS instrument troubleshooting
- You will have practical experience of GC & GC-MS instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who have knowledge of GC or GC-MS and beginners who have attended the Hands-on GC & Maintenance or Hands-on GC-MS & Maintenance courses and who wish to learn how to perform a logical and systematic search for the source of a problem on their instrument.
- Combine with the 2-day Hands-on GC & Maintenance or the 2-day Hands-on GC-MS & Maintenance courses to form a 3-day Hands-on course on either GC or GC-MS for £1310 + VAT.
- Combine with the 2-day Hands-on GC & Maintenance and the 2-day Hands-on GC-MS & Maintenance courses to form the 5-day Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS for £1870 + VAT.
Quotes from previous attendees
"[I enjoyed the] problem solving exercises both practical and on handouts, with the in-depth explanation of GC components and troubleshooting. [It had] more practical exercises I will actually use at work." Chemist in the Environmental Industry who attended the Hands-on GC, Maintenance & Troubleshooting courses.