Day 1 of the Complete HPLC & LC-MS and the Practical Essentials of HPLC & LC-MS courses.
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom, with instrument parts & consumables to handle
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £280 + VAT per delegate
If you are only interested in finding out more about solvents, pumps, plumbing and sample Introduction for LC & LC-MS, then please attend this one day course.
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
After an introduction to liquid chromatography, the types of solvents used in mobile phase and their respective properties are examined in detail. This is followed by information on gradient elution (high or low pressure mixing and solvent dwell times); along with problems that are frequently encountered in this area. Strategies for how to optimise your LC system will be discussed, including the necessity to minimise system void volume to increase performance.
After lunch, sample introduction techniques are taught in detail, including theory, optimisation and applications. These include 6-port manual injectors; autosamplers; full or partial loop injections; flow through needle injection & column volume compatibility.
Your troubleshooting and maintenance skills will greatly benefit from having a thorough knowledge of inlet systems and how they work.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography.
- You will learn how to select and use the best mobile phase and develop a gradient inlet method.
- You will learn about various autosampler injection techniques and when to use them.
Who is this course for?
If you have limited LC experience, wish to learn about these particular areas or would like to brush-up on your knowledge then this is the course for you.
To gain the full knowledge of liquid chromatography and LC-MS it is highly recommended to attend the full 5-day course.