- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Advanced
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: Face-to-face classroom
- RSC CPD approval: Approved for CPD
- Course venue: This course is run on demand - please contact us to book
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £250 + VAT per delegate
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD). RSC members receive a discount of 10% for this course (membership number required) if booked at least 6 weeks in advance.
What will you learn on this course?
This one day, classroom-based course teaches you the theory of deconvolution and how to use it to find coeluting peaks and peaks below the baseline in your GC-MS data through presentations and demonstrations using NIST Automated Mass spectral Deconvolution and Identification System (AMDIS) software by the course instructor.
- You will learn about analytical resolution in mass spectrometry
- You will learn how deconvolution works and have demonstrations using AMDIS software
- You will learn of the benefits of using deconvolution for processing GC-MS data
Who is this course for?
If you need to understand how deconvolution works and how it will benefit your GC-MS data analysis, then come along and learn from this course. This course is for someone who has fundamental knowledge of GC-MS.
If you would like an NIST AMDIS course with practical software exercises, please select the 2-day Applied Deconvolution (NIST AMDIS) course.
Contact us to book this course.
Feedback from previous attendees
"The topic was well explained. There was a lot of information that was new to me and the team but Diane managed to keep us all focused. We found it all useful. We all feel that we now have a much better understanding of both NIST and AMDIS ." Delegate from flavour and fragrance industry, attended bespoke Basics of Deconvolution (NIST AMDIS) training, October 2016.