- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom and 50% practical exercises in the laboratory
- Course venue: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK | See individual dates for other venues
- Onsite/offsite availability: Arrange this course just for you
- Scheduled course price: £575 + VAT per delegate
What will you learn on this course?
In this one day course, you spend the first part of the day learning the theory of mass-spectrometry and then use this knowledge to create LC-MS methods, perform injections and change MS parameters to see the effects. This course covers MS theory, the importance of tuning, the vacuum system, ionisation, mass analysers, ion detection, data analysis, LC-MS methods and acquisition rate.
- You will learn the principles of mass spectrometry
- You will learn about the function & operation of the MS individual components
- You will become familiar with the MS instrumentation
- You will have practical experience of adjusting the parameters for each MS component
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those with knowledge of HPLC or beginners who have attended the 2-day Hands-on HPLC Theory, Methods & Maintenance.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands-on LC-MS Maintenance course to form a 2-day Hands-on LC-MS Theory, Methods & Maintenance course for £975 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands-on LC-MS Maintenance and the 1-day Hands-on HPLC & LC-MS Troubleshooting courses to form the 3-day Hands-on LC-MS, Maintenance & Troubleshooting course for £1385 + VAT.
- Combine with the 1-day Hands-on LC-MS Maintenance, the 1-day Hands-on HPLC & LC-MS Troubleshooting and the 2-day Hands-on HPLC Theory, Methods & Maintenance courses to form the 5-day Complete Hands-on HPLC & LC-MS course for £1990 + VAT.