Need to brush up on a particular technique? Keen to expand your knowledge? Anthias Consulting offers hands-on courses with experienced, practising analysts.
- Number of days: 1
- Experience level: Intermediate
- Type: Generic, applicable to all instrumentation
- Teaching method: 50% face-to-face classroom-based, 50% hands-on laboratory-based
- Scheduled course price: £499 + VAT per delegate, per course
What is a hands-on course?
A hands-on course combines theory and hands-on practicals with a 50:50 split. A maximum of 5 delegates can attend to ensure the needs of every individual are met and half of your time will be spent in the laboratory.
You can mix and match hands-on courses to meet your exact requirements, allowing you to bridge the gaps in knowledge you want to fill. See the full range of hands-on courses below or have a look at our classroom-based training courses.
If you'd like to attend multiple complementary days of our hands-on training courses, please see the Complete Hands-on GC & GC-MS, Hands-on Sample Preparation, or Hands-on Advanced Injection Techniques courses.
While these courses aren't a substitute for manufacturer-specific training, they are the best way to learn new maintenance techniques, refresh your knowledge or learn how to troubleshoot instruments.
Many of our hands-on courses have been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) - look for the RSC logo on each individual course page.
Our hands-on courses:
- Hands-on Gas Chromatography Theory & Methods
- Hands-on GC Maintenance
- Hands-on Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Theory & Methods
- Hands-on GC-MS Maintenance
- Hands-on GC & GC-MS Troubleshooting
- Hands-on Derivatisation
- Hands-on Liquid-Liquid Extraction (LLE)
- Hands-on Headspace
- Hands-on Solid-Phase Micro-Extraction (SPME)
- Hands-on Thermal Desorption (TD)
- Hands-on Pyrolysis
- Hands-on Purge-and-Trap
- Hands-on Programmable Temperature Vapourisers (PTVs)
- Hands-on Large Volume Injection (LVI)
- Combine any two of the above for a 2-day hands-on course for £925 plus 20% VAT
- Combine any three of the above for a 3-day hands-on course for £1310 plus 20% VAT
- Combine any four of the above for a 4-day hands-on course for £1640 plus 20% VAT
- Combine any five of the above for a 5-day hands-on course for £1870 plus 20% VAT
View the available course dates and book a hands-on course.
Quotes from recent attendees
"Overall this course was an addition to my initial 5-day course but the extra knowledge & info was great to learn about and gain more understanding into." Jasmin Hunt, Materials Quality Controller, Clean Tech (attended the Hands-on Thermal Desorption course, September 2018).
"Very good level. Definitely I'll recommend it! (I enjoyed) the discussions with Diane, her experience in impressive." Andrea Rangel, Research Technologist, Nova Chemicals, Canada (attended the 2-day Hands-on Advanced Injection for GC & GC-MS, September 2018).
"Enjoyed the whole experience, particularly the hands-on practicals." Craig Gazzard, Lab Analyst, Coryton Advanced Fuels (attended the 5-day Hands-on Complete GC & GC-MS course, September 2018).
"(I enjoyed) having to interact with instruments and analysing samples." delegate from the petrochemicals industry (attended the 5-day Hands-on Sample Preparation for GC & GC-MS, September 2018).
"Good mix of practical and theory. Good mix of platforms (Markes, Gerstel, Agilent etc) - not too focused on one." delegate from UK government agency (attended the Hands-on Solid Phase Micro-Extraction, September 2018).